The principal method of providing outreach to geoscience students, non-AAPG geoscientists, and the general public, is through the EMD Public Webpages of the various Commodity Committees. These webpages provide basic information concerning each of the hydrocarbon-based unconventional energy commodities, such as: coalbed methane, gas hydrates, tight gas sands, shale gas & liquids, oil (tar) sands, and oil shale, and the alternative energy resources, such as coal, uranium (nuclear minerals), geothermal energy, for monitoring purposes, renewable energy resources, such as wind, solar, hydropower, biomass, and others under investigation.
The introduction to the Public Webpages is provided here. Access to the commodity webpages is listed on the right margin of that webpage. Access to the Chairs to each of the Commodity Committees are available on those pages and on the Announcement webpage. The Officers and U. S. Section and overseas Regional Councilors are also available should you have questions. Feel free to contact any of the Councilors in your area.
Presented by the 2009-10 Executive Committee at the New Orleans Annual Meeting and Exhibition.
Presented by Laura L. Wray (EMD Rocky Mountain Councilor) on September 26, 2005 at the Rocky Mountain Section Meeting held in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
Decarbonized Power, Energy for the Future: Clean Coal, CO2 Sequestration, and the EOR Prize in the Gulf Coast and Permian Basin
Presented by William A. Ambrose, Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at the Bureau of Economic Geology John A. and Katherine G. Jackson School of Geosciences, The University of Texas at Austin. Download PDF
China and India’s Ravenous Appetite for Natural Resources
A presentation that includes slides shown by Vince Matthews, Wednesday, April 4, 2007 at the EMD luncheon, AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition, Long Beach, California. Download PDF
General Geology and K-12 Links
- The official AAPG Web site for K-12 teachers
- Within the AAPG K-12 site is the “Cool Sites” link
- PetroleumGeology.org is maintained by AAPG on behalf of its Public Outreach committee.
- This Slide Bank is your resource for public presentations and is supported by AAPG Public Outreach Committee.
- This Video Vault is your resource for videos on the AAPG Web site and is supported by AAPG Public Outreach Committee.
- The Geologic Society of America education outreach page.
- EARTHTIME is supported by the National Science Foundation
Commodity Specific Links
- Unconventional Energy Resources Group
- Alternative Energy Resources Group