Brandy M. Butler | View Steven Schamel
MHA Petroleum Consultants, Denver, Colorado
- University of Colorado at Boulder (B.A. in Geology, 2011)
- AAPG (Active Member since 2001);
- RMAG, Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists (Active Member, membership committee volunteer 2015);
- SPWLA, Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts (Active Member);
- DWLS, Denver Well Logging Society (Active Member);
- WGA, Wyoming Geological Association (Active Member).
- Joined 2015, Active Member
Steven Schamel | View Brandy Butler
GeoX Consulting Inc., Salt Lake City, UT
Steven Schamel is President of GeoX Consulting Inc. in Salt Lake City, Utah. Until 2004, he also was Research Professor and Associate Director of the Petroleum Research Center, University of Utah. He was Senior Associate Director of the Earth Sciences & Resources Institute at the University of South Carolina prior to 1995, and Senior Associate Director of the Energy & Geoscience Institute at the University of Utah from 1995 to 2000. He holds degrees from Franklin and Marshall College and Yale University. For over 30 years Dr. Schamel has been carrying out or supervising research projects in support of oil and natural gas exploration and exploitation in the Americas, southern Europe, North Africa, the South Atlantic shelf margin, and the Former Soviet Union. He is the author of numerous papers related to petroleum geology and reservoir characterization and a co-author of Thrustbelts: Structural Architecture, Thermal Regimes, and Petroleum Systems, published in 2005 by Cambridge University Press. He has served as Treasurer and President of the AAPG Rocky Mountain Section, Executive Board Chair of the SPE Salt Lake Petroleum Section, Past-President of the Utah Geological Association, and chair of the GSA Geology and Public Policy Committee. For the past three years he has chaired the AAPG Sections Committee and the EMD Bitumen and Heavy Oil Commodity Committee.